Overseas Visitor Health Cover
Overseas Visitors Health Cover (OVHC) is a health insurance for foreign visitors who wish to travel or work in Australia. If you get sick or encounter an accident while you are here in Australia, OVHC helps pay your medical bills.
Goodway Education and Visa Services assists in buying the right health insurance for a range of visiting visas including 600, 601, 651 plus many others. Also, we offer help purchasing OVHC for working visas.
Why Do You Need OVHC?
Future is full of uncertainties. Therefore, it is necessary that we plan accordingly. Buying health cover plan is the way to mitigate your and family’s health or medical risk.
It is more likely that the overseas visitors may have to face health issues during their visit in Australia. Cost of medical bills and hospital treatment can be very expensive and unaffordable to most of the visitors. Operations and stay in hospital may demand thousands of dollars. For such instances, OVHC is very essential. It helps to cut your bills by huge proportions, and also to get the best medical attention to you or your family.
Who Needs OVHC?
Foreign nationals who wish to visit or work in Australia needs OVHC. Some of the visas that require OVHC are:
- • Visitor visa (Subclass 600): Individuals visiting Australia for travel or for business activities. Visa duration starts from 3 months to 12 months depending upon the nature of visit.
- • eVisitor visa (Subclass 651): Individuals from European Union countries visiting Australia for travel or for business activities. Visa duration starts from 3 months to 12 months depending upon the nature of visit.
- • Visitor visa (Subclass 601): Individuals from ETA approved countries visiting Australia for travel or for business activities. Visa duration starts from 3 months to 12 months depending upon the nature of visit.
What Does OVHC Offer?
Overseas Visitors Health Cover mainly offers financial assistance to cover your medical expenses. Health coverage may depend upon the type of health insurance you have purchased from the insurer. Some of the coverage offered is as below:
- • Medically-required hospital admissions
- • A portion of doctor’s fees
- • Necessary ambulance transport
- • Some pharmacy costs
- • Cover (for an additional cost) for “extras” such as dental, physiotherapy, optical and chiropractic services
Are All Medical Costs Covered by OVHC?
Unnecessary (or elective) medical services shall not be covered under an overseas visitor health cover policy such as
- • Unrecognized procedures by Medicare
- • Elective cosmetic surgery
- • Non-emergency ambulance transportation
- • IVF and other assisted reproductive services
An OVHC policy may differ in types of plan and from insurer to insurer, so it’s very important that you read the policy document carefully before signing up!
Please contact Good Way Education and Visa Services
if you need assistance regarding the purchase of OVHC